Thursday, March 1, 2012

It is March! That means BABY MONTH!

On Saturday Mitchell and I went to the ECE Winter Banquet. It was a lovely evening. As you can see, I have a super handsome husband. :) While at the banquet I had one really strong contraction but it was just one.




On Monday night I had another strong one, but again, just one. Tuesday night I woke up for about 30 minutes of mild contractions but they went away.

I am getting so excited. She could be here anytime now. As of yesterday I was cleared for birth at the Midwife Center! Plus, I tested negative for group B strep, meaning that after she is born we get to come home in just 4-6 hours! Yay!

In preparation for Adelaide's arrival I have packed her bag (not mine yet, just hers.)



What I packed for Adelaide Lillian:
8 newborn diapers
small wet bag (I'm going to put the larger one in my bag)
super soft flannel wipes
One long sleeve NB shirt
One short sleeve NB shirt
2 pairs of mittens
One pair of socks
One soft pink gown
4 hats (2 plain, one knit, and one embroidered with her name :) )
2 swaddling blankets
lanolin nursing cream
going home outfit (including the dress and slip that I wore home, a knit bonnet, and knit booties)
A list of phone numbers to call right after and a place to put weight/length/time etc. (it is only immediate family, if that is not you expect to hear second or third hand :) )



2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures! You look gorgeous with the new face frame hair cut & it looks more ginger, plus you are overall totally radiant. I am praying for you and the execution of your birth plan and the grand prize of a healthy little Addy! I can't stand not being there and am waiting for the notice that I can book my flight. I am so proud of you and am looking forward to holding Adelaide and seeing you and Mitch! Love Kurlie!

    ReplyDelete