Monday, March 19, 2012

The Nursery is Done!!!!


Mitchell finished the dresser and we put all the drawers back in it yesterday! So now I can officially say that the nursery is finished!

The dresser is painted Valspar "soft pastel" which is a super light pink that I love because it comes off as a warm white. To the right is our diaper pail which is from Ikea. The Planet Wise pail liners fit perfectly in them. To the left is our wonderful Maclaren bouncer that has NO CARTOON CHARACTERS!!!! Hooray!

Above the dresser I wanted some art but, since we are moving back to Texas soon I didn't want to put many holes in the wall. I hung up some ribbon from two nails and then added some hoop art and hanging it all with clothes pins. The giraffe painting is from Uganda and the monogram was made by my lovely friend Lauren Wolcott (it was what she wrapped baby's shower gift in)

In the corner under the windows sits the glider! It is super comfy and a wonderful hand-me-down from my Aunt Lisa. I bought the ottoman a couple of years ago at TJMaxx. The side table is a stump that I made Mitchell pull over to get and the lamp is my childhood Peter Rabbit, Beatrix Potter lamp.

The next corner houses my lovely Jenny Lind crib. I bought it a while back on craigslist. I paid $80 for the crib, mattress, three crib sheets, and bed skirt that was used for barely a year. The woman was moving to Switzerland and had to sell everything quickly! Adelaide's finished quilt is over the front. Above her crib hangs a mobile that Mitch and I brought back from Africa. I covered a cardboard "A" in fabric and hung it above the head of her bed.

Her closet is now ready and organized for her arrival.

Her collection of dresses. Many are handmade, a handful are vintage and one is straight off the shelves.

Her bows and hair accessories. She has more bows that are in Texas. I figured she won't have too much hair before we move back to the Lone Star State.

These are her diapers that aren't newborn suitable. Once she starts fitting into these they will move back into the diaper drawer :) Below those are blankets, quilts, a baby carrier and my nursing cover.

And here are two of Adelaide's biggest fans. They are always with me when I am in her room because of how much they love her (actually I think it is because it is the only room with carpet)
Mitch's b-day is today. I was hoping baby would come today but I would have to have a super speedy labor that started right now for that to even be a possibility. :)

2 comments:

  1. i love it!! so warm and i love all the prints. the quilt you made her is just perfect! come on adelaide, everything's ready for you sweet girl! maybe she's waiting for her ring sling to arrive first... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe so. :-) I had been getting onto Mitch about finish her dresser thinking that would trigger something but it has been done for about a week and still no Adelaide. I guess I should have given him a break ;-)

    ReplyDelete