Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Call me a bird because I have been nesting!

I have sewn three dresses so far!

The first is this red and cream pillowcase dress. I used a pattern from the Prudent Baby. I used double bias tape instead of single because I am not very familiar with single and I had double on hand :) Plus, mine is a little short, but that is because I used a fat quarter and it didn't have the length necessary.


The second is the navy pillowcase dress. I adjusted the pattern a little bit to make it longer and made the bias tape for the arms out of the same fabric.


The third is this wrap dress that I based off of this dress that I bought in the fall. It looks super cute paired with my Mac and Cheese FuzziBunz and a big yellow bow! I hope she has enough hair for it :) Also, if I make a blue bow she can wear this dress to Texas Rangers games this season! Front:

Back:

We also installed the car seat! Thanks Mimi and Papa JD!

My due date is exactly a month away. I am very excited. I am hoping to finish her quilt sometime this week. It is mostly done. I need to quilt two more of the rows on the top and then sew on the bias tape that I made.

In one week and one day I will be cleared for birth at the Midwife Center. I am so excited. I can hardly believe that she will be here so soon. At my appointment yesterday my midwife said that she thinks Adelaide is going to be the perfect size for me and she estimated her to be around 7.5 lbs when she is at her due date. I know not to put too much stock into those estimates but it is much better than hearing "This baby is going to be 10 lbs. easy!"

To continue preparations for the birth, I made Mitch a "tool box" yesterday. It has reminders about and suggestions for helping me through labor such as, making sure I stay hydrated and reminding me that I will be holding Adelaide Lillian so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment