Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gender Reveal Party!!!

This was the set up for the shin dig! Our guests either could wear a mustache if they thought our bump was a boy or a bow if they thought it was a girl. We also had tasty cupcakes.


Most people chose bows except for two people that had just come into the country and one or two others. I also wore a mustache. Mitch and I each wore our morning guesses!
I used my dad's old Charlie Brown book for the boy's side.
The cupcakes were very tasty! We had chocolate and vanilla. YUMMY!
The dogs came too! Theo was his usual hospitable self, while Wilson was a little bit excited to meet so many new people!
I had a lot of fun setting up for the party.
One of my cravings has been sushi, but I can't eat sushi sooooo I made some "sushi" from rice crispy treats, swedish fish, and fruit roll ups.
Well!!! I guess you are all dying to know what the ultra sound told us! From day one Mitchell has told me that he thinks it is a girl. We have always thought it would be so neat to have a little girl first. Lo and behold! It is a GIRL!!!

We are naming her Adelaide. This is our baby girl dancing around inside!

I wanted to make pink icing to put inside the cupcakes so I added some jam to regular icing and mixed it together! It looked really pink in the kitchen but in the overhead lighting during the party it looked more white than pink... o well! :)
After I filled the cupcakes with the "pink" icing I sealed them shut with a little icing then went back through and decorated them.


Wilson really liked the camera!

And now, since we know it is a girl, I have started crafting stuff for my daughter. Yesterday I mod-podged scrapbook paper into plastic drawers to make them super cute!

We are so smitten and feel so blessed. We are so excited to start planning for little Adelaide and dreaming about the future!

2 comments:

  1. Your "dessert sushi" cracks me up! And I love the plastic drawers! And I love you! I'm so excited!!! I know what I'll be sewing over Thanksgiving break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys, I know she will be such a blessing. You look wonderful Cassidy!

    ReplyDelete