Tuesday, January 5, 2010

11 Days

I can hardly believe that Saturday the 16th is almost here! Every time that I try to sit and think about where I am going to be and what I am going to be doing I get a little bit overwhelmed. It is so amazing that God has chosen little ol' me to fly across the world to care for his children.

I try to imagine what it will be like to walk down the streets of Entebbe. I imagine the monkeys that I have been told about and the big birds that are everywhere. I imagine the warmth of the sun on my skin. I imagine myself trying to communicate in the market. I imagine myself holding the children and playing with the children. I imagine the beautiful eyes of the kids as they look at this crazy muzungu walking through the city.

I know that no matter how much dreaming and thinking that I do, God is going to blow my mind. Every plan that I have ever made that I have given over to Him, He has turned my so-so into amazing. I am on the title page of the next chapter of my life and cannot wait to read the beautiful poetry that El Shaddai is going to write on these pages.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray! I'm so excited for you! I'm sorry we didn't have time to catch you guys again before you head out, but I really enjoyed our time together before Christmas!
    I can't imagine how breathtaking the next 3 months(?) (you'd think I'd have this by now) are going to be. Oh Cassidy. Here you go! You're really doing it! You're going!
    Have so much fun being the hands and feet of God with your honey.
    Love you,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassidy...I am so excited for you and your husband! Are you going to keep your blog up while you are there? Gosh...I sure hope so! Would love to follow your journey and see just see how God unfolds His amazing plan for you!!

    Love,
    Cousin Julie

    ReplyDelete