Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane Don't know when I'll be back again!

Mitchell and I have purchased our tickets for Uganda. We will be leaving January 16th and then leaving flying from DFW to Atlanta to Amsterdam to Entebbe. On April 16th we will leave Entebbe fly to Amsterdam then back to DFW. I am so excited.

This week we are starting to send out fundraising letters. Please pray that God uses our family and friends to get us where He wants us to go.

It is so strange because two years ago I would have never thought that my heart would be in Africa. I went to mission trips in Mexico and I speak Spanish I thought my heart would always feel connected there. But now I here of riots in Kampala and my heart aches, I hear of abandon children and I feel like I need to get there to take care of God's precious children. I believe that God is raising up a generation in Africa that will be able to lessen the heartache. He is raising up a generation of leaders who won't live on handouts and that will better themselves and their community. He is raising up people who will look past the pain of the past and hope in the future by setting up farms that can sustain thousands of people. He is raising a generation of believers that will help educate others on what it means to live a safe life in Christ.

Now is the time that this orphan continent needs your prayers and your help.

3 comments:

  1. Cassidy, Can I just say how very proud I am of you and of all that God is leading you and Mitchell to do here in this lifetime. I anxiously watch and read your blogs and am just proud to have been a part of your life, if even for only a few moments! I feel blessed indeed and am continually praying for you and Mitchell, for your future, your upcoming trip to Uganda and for all God has in store for you both! Count yourself blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! You are marked on my calendar! Thanks for the paper doll idea for Compassion! I will send some to Tasya (Indonesia) asap!

    :D I love you!

    ps. we gotta get lina in the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cassidy, this is Chris Light. I enjoy reading your posts and would love to be a part of your fundraising efforts. You can send the fundraising letters to my email address or to my home adress.
    lightc88@gmail.com
    1028 Hardwick Trail, Keller, TX 76248-5451
    Thank You for blessing me and so many with your written words.
    Sincerely,

    Christopher D. Light

    ReplyDelete