Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Misguided Ambition






Today I have been feeling super crafty, even though I should be feeling super "I-love-to-pack-up-the-entire-apartment-y". Because of this misguided ambition I have finally finished a project that I started a while back. A little bit ago I decided that I wanted all of my kids to have homemade stuffed animals but, I knew that by the time I had kids I would have no time to make amazing crafts so I started to make them now. I have a doll and a lion finished, the lion was just finished this week. The doll is called Luna she is made of two old pairs of pants and two t-shirts. The lion is called Kiki and he is made of two pairs of pants and two tanks. The hair/mane took a really long time and Mitchell even did a little bit of stitching on both of their hearts.

I have also been thinking a lot about what to take to Uganda (I know I don't leave until January but I do already have a packing list). I loved the baby dress that I found on www.etsy.com (another "evil" distraction from packing the apartment). I think it would be pretty easy to make and it is super cute. All I need is a cheap sewing machine or to borrow someone's machine.

We get the keys to our apartment on Friday so I need to get most of the packing done by then. Mitchell helped a lot this morning and did a couple of boxes. Yay for husbands!

Yesterday I was at Plato's Closet selling some of my old clothes and somehow the manager and I started talking about my trip to Africa and she gave me some really good suggestions on where to get things donated from. Pray that God continues to place people in my life to talk about Africa with. I think the best way to keep joy and passion for anything is to talk about.

Often times at summer camp, or anything else that Mitchell and I do with the youth group from church, the kids ask me "How do I keep my passion for God and this fire that I have?" I think the answer is pretty simple, often way to simple for us to understand, just share the love of God. Tell others about what Jesus has done for you and that is where passion comes from.

Stay passionate, bold, and ambitious!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh the lion turned out really well! I don't know if I ever saw it in progress. I'm still so excited for y'all to go to Uganda. I've already started praying for you, love!

    ReplyDelete