Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm a Bad Blogger

Jonathan, just before Mitchell and I left in April, came to Acacia Tree on March 19, Mitchell's birthday
Norah came to Acacia Tree in mid February after I brought her back from an island on Lake Victoria tied to me. She doubled weight and began to smile this amazing smile!
In the time that I haven't blogged I missed talking about things that happened one year ago. I met Norah, met Jonathan, and today (one year ago) I was packing to go to a safari in Murchison Falls Uganda.

I haven't blogged so I am very bad. Norah is now safe and fat and back with her family. Jonathan seems to be getting healthy and hopefully will find a family soon.

I've been reading over my past journal entries to somewhat keep me distracted. Mitch and I continue trying to start a family and I keep peeing on sticks and they keep saying no and I keep having tests done. It all kind of sucks but there is not much I can do.

I've been just praying and waiting and that's all I can do I suppose.

On my birthday this Thursday I have a blood test. Please keep me in your prayers because all this infertility stuff sucks!

2 comments:

  1. Wahhhhhhh booooooooo

    Hurry up eggs

    I want a baby for my birthday next month!

    It will never happen for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassidy! It's amazing the experiences you've had. I'm so proud to know you and Mitch even slightly. You and Becca were such good examples - I wished SHE had been the older sister.
    I want to encourage you. I'm sorry you aren't getting pregnant very soon (language is so inadequate). Having babies is so wrapped up in who we are sometimes as women. I can only imagine how it must feel. I was pretty upset to be told I should stop after three, and I even sort of wanted to stop.
    But Cassidy I really want to encourage you to stay calm, and maybe try not to use the word "infertile" yet. I don't know what you Dr. has said but it's still early in your efforts (I know it feels like forever but even several years if trying is not unusual). You probably know it's detrimental to your efforts to worry (catch 22 that). I'll be praying for y'all. So sorry you're sad and frustrated.

    ReplyDelete