Saturday, August 22, 2009

Learning After Education

Now that I am finished with my degree I have found something peculiar and wonderful. I am falling in love with learning all over again! Since I have graduated I have learned a lot. I have learned how to quilt and opened an online boutique ( www.cassidycay.etsy.com ). I have read things, and not because they were assigned, I have read them because I wanted to and they were interesting to me. I am finally excited about doing in depth Bible studies again because it isn't just homework anymore. Current book of study, Acts. I am also studying Swahili and anxiously reading about Uganda and the culture of the people.

I am loving this time of learning. My passions that had been brutally stunted by the tedious frivolities of formal education are blooming and growing in my "new" life. Last night Mitchell and I even had an "intellectual" party. We watched Alfred Hitchcock's, "Rope" and then discussed the existence of a superior human. How fun!

Go, go, go. Go learn about the world, about what it has to offer, about God and his love for you, and about you! Search, explore, and find yourself in a light you may not have expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment